Overall Rating: 3.5/5
- Offers almost 80 eCommerce tools.
- No transaction fees at all.
- More than $17 billion processed in sales.
- Offers 49 responsive (free and premium) design templates.
- 24/7 support – phone, live chat, and email.
Volusion was founded in 1999 by Kevin Sproles (who was 16 years old at that time). It is an eCommerce online store builder that allows you to sell your stuff online.
Presently, there are around 40,000 online stores powered by Volusion those have reportedly processed more than $17 billion in sales, which is a huge number.
Overall, it’s a powerful and a trusted online store builder that has a lot to offer. So let’s have a look at the detailed review –
1) Pros of Using Volusion
- Volusion doesn’t charge any transaction fees.
- Has a dedicated app market.
- Offers free as well as premium responsive design templates.
- Has a 14 days trial period (no credit card required).
- Offers mobile app for managing your store on the go.
- Monthly plans are cheaper than Shopify and BigCommerce.
- Amazon and eBay integration offered.
- Support is brilliant – phone, live chat, and email at any time of the day.
2) Cons of Using Volusion
- It does not offer any blogging functionality.
- Limited bandwidth (extra charges if you exceed limits).
- They haven’t disclosed the fixed prices for extra bandwidth.
- You have to pay extra for buying SSL certificates.
3) Ease of Use
With Volusion, you can easily create an online store without touching a line of code. The back-end interface is pretty interacting and you can easily understand the functionalities by spending some minutes on the dashboard.
Volusion does almost all the development work for you, letting you tackle other departments in your business.
4) Hosting (Speed & Security)
If you decide to choose Volusion, then your online store will be hosted on their own servers those are optimized for hosting Volusion websites. So you don’t need to worry about the speed and security, their team takes care of that.
As mentioned in the Cons section, their plans have bandwidth limits and they’ll charge you extra if that limit exceeds.
None of their plans offer pre-packed SSL with them. So you have to buy it for an additional cost of $90.
5) Mobile Website
At present, Volusion offers 11 free and 38 premium (up to $250) templates.
All templates are beautiful, responsive, and professional, this means you don’t have to create a separate website for mobile. The template will automatically adjust itself to any fit.
6) Volusion App Market
Volusion App Market features 80 (free as well as paid) add-ons which you can use for enhancing your store’s functionality.
Some of the apps are offered by Volusion itself, while others are 3rd party integrations like email marketing software, support tools, social media integration, shipping, etc.
As already mentioned, Volusion offers you a total of 49 (11 free and 38 paid) beautiful and responsive templates that may range up to $250.
While 49 is not a huge number, Shopify has a wider variety of templates at a relatively lower price. It’s worth to check it!
8) Mobile App
One of the best parts of Volusion is that they have a mobile app that’s meant for managing your online store on the go through your mobile.
It’s free to download, and you can process orders and ship products through this app, even if you’re not in front of a computer screen.
Volusion has done a GREAT job in this section!
They have 3 different support channels – phone, live chat, and email. The best part is, they are available 24x7x365.
Have a look at plans offered by Volusion –
11) Who Should Buy It?
Volusion is a pretty decent online store builder, but the above-mentioned points clearly state that it’s limited if compared to industry leaders like Shopify and BigCommerce.
However, the plans are cheaper than the other ones, but you have a lot of additional costs including SSL, extra bandwidth, themes, etc.
But if you wanna test Volusion, then sign up for their 14 days trial period – no credit card required. 😉